The Lustra 50 FilterSet consists of 3 distinct filters – 1/8 CTO (#223), ¼ CTO (#206) and Opal Frost (#410) diffusion. The filters may be used to improve the color rendition and quality of the image shot with the Lustra 50’s light output (5600K).
Why and when to use the Lustra 50 FilterSet:
- The Lustra 50 fixture emits daylight balanced (5600K) light that brings out the most favorable color resolutions but may not deliver the results of an image a photographer desires.
- The CTO filters are applied to the Lustra 50 where the color hue of the subject matter may require a warmer tone for a more pleasing image or to better complement the ambient color temperature of the subject within its given environment
- The addition of CTOs provides a slight and pleasing warm tone to lighter skin and surfaces that tend to absorb more of the blue element from the color spectrum of the emitted light.
- Application of the ¼ CTO may especially be helpful for darker skin tones and surfaces that tend to reflect, rather than absorb, the daylight elements of emitted light.
- The Opal Frost (#410) filter takes the edge off the raw light and softens its intensity. Combined with the Lustra 50 SofBox, this filter produces a beautiful soft light for close up applications.